Stratobus™, the sentinel of the stratosphere
Stratobus™ is a product half-way between a drone and a satellite.
Powered with solar energy and having clean energies on board, Stratobus™ has a low carbon footprint.
As a multidisciplinary platform, Stratobus™ will complete complementary missions to those accomplished by a telecommunication or an Earth observation satellite. It will offer a localized coverage area:
- Surveillance of borders or high-value sites
- Environmental monitoring
- 4G and 5G telecommunication
Higly competitive product including a large number of innovations Stratobus™ stands out thanks to its continuous observation and its large payload capability.
Airstar Aerospace unique know-how for Stratobus™
Airstar Aerospace is in charge of designing and manufacturing the fully equipped envelope of Stratobus™.
For Stratobus™ we will use the most powerful, the most lightweight and the most resistant fabric in the world.
Airstar Aerospace main strengths
- 40 years experience in airships and stratospheric inflatable structures
- Expert in the assembly of films and hermetic fabrics
- Extensive experience in large tailor-made projects
- Millions of m² of balloons which were used with success by the CNES
Innovations developed by Airstar Aerospace for Stratobus™
- A multi layer hull composed of very light but very resistant materials (weight of 120 g/m² which resists to more than 1 ton on a 10 cm strip).
- Pressure control equipment able to vary from 1130 hPa on the ground to 50 hPa when Stratobus™ in operation.
- Retractable internal ballonets enabling the complete expansion of the helium volume.
- An industrial process enabling to assemble the 15 km of panels of the Stratobus™ envelope
- 62 000 m3 envelope which will be transported in a standard road container.