Our tethered AEROSTATS, leaderS of your missions
Made for medium and long-term missions, Airstar tethered aerostats answer all your needs regarding surveillance, observation, intervention and telecommunication.
Qualified, reliable and self-contained, our aerial platforms include:
- an equipped aerostat with calculators and telemetry equipment
- a tether (electrical, fiber optics…)
- a mooring station with a winch
- a telemetry station
- a flight manual.
Strengths of our solutions
- Persistence: from 1 day to several weeks ongoing operation with no human intervention.
- Low operational costs:
– low cost per flight hour
– easy training of operators
– quick deployment time
– low logistical footprint.
- Versatile: embedding of many types of sensors thanks to a strong network of partners, all payload experts.
- Safety: fail-safe reliable solutions with very high safety coefficients.
A UNIQUE KNOW-HOW FOR YOUR PROJECTS
Airstar Aerospace designs, manufactures and assembles:
- High performance, intelligent and communicating inflatable envelopes, through the combination of textiles and complex films materials and with the integration of embedded technologies (sensors, communications systems, etc.)
- Aerostats subsystems including avionics (balloon control system), gas management, integration of payload…
THE “SENSES” OF AIRSTAR PREYBIRDS ARE SHARPENED AND ARE READY TO LEAD YOUR MISSIONS
Find a complete range of tethered aerostats, adapted and adaptable, to all your missions.
Thanks to our mastery of aerostat technologies (textile, mechanical, aerodynamic, thermal, etc.), Airstar Aerospace offers you the most reliable aerostats on the market, equipped with the best safety coefficients and in compliance with the aeronautical and spatial regulations.
Tethered AEROSTATs platforms comparative advantages
Another way to achieve your missions and to expand your service offer.
- Because of their duration or of their need of stationary position, some missions cannot be achieved by standard drones or aircrafts, especially when it comes to surveillance or telecommunication.
- The tethered aerostat offers the necessary persistence to achieve missions over several months with a payload capability up to 250 kg.
- The tethered aerostat is a competitive solution in terms of costs and logistics.
|Tethered balloon||Fixed-wing drone Mini-UAV (MUAV) type||Helicopter Airbus EC145 type|
|Life cycle costs (purchase, operation, maintenance, service)||Compared to one hour flight||●●●●●
Less than a hundred Euros
Several hundred Euros
Several thousand Euros
|Operations||Endurance and autonomy||●●●●●
24h per day for several weeks
Up to 3 h
Up to 4 h 30
Up to 250 kg
Up to 30 kg
Up to 1500 kg
Up to 150 km/h of wind
Up to 50 km/h of wind
Up to 100 km/h of wind
|Logistics and support||Infrastructures of deployment||●●●●●||●●●●○||●○○○○|
|Number of operators||●●●○○
From 1 to 8 operators
From 1 to 4 operators
From 3 to 10 pilots, operators and mechanics