Our business line: a manufacturer of aerostats and flexible structures in all shapes and altitudes.
The know-how of Airstar Aerospace is unique. It is the fruit of:
- know-how acquired by the company for nearly twenty years in the design of lighting balloons and blimps
- the strategic acquisition of Zodiac Marine’s Space division
- participation in major R & D projects (Stratobus™, etc.).
Together with a solid network of partners, Airstar Aerospace offers its clients the realization of their tailor-made projects based on an unparalleled foundation of skills around:
- the engineering of innovative flexible materials
- the assembly of high-tech textiles and films
- the mechanical modeling of large deformations
- the production of envelopes and equipped flexible structures
- the development of aerostat equipments: embedded electronics and mechatronics, complex cabling, mechanical mooring systems, telemetry reception, inflation station…
- the integration of payloads: optronics, telecom, radar…
- the realization and training for balloon operation and maintenance services
With over half a century of expertise, Airstar Aerospace gives primary importance to safety and to the compliance of its systems with aeronautical and space regulations.
Our solutions (tested and reliable) are certified with very high safety coefficients and a design allowing simple failures resistance.
Pierre and Romain Chabert
« The history of our two companies is deeply linked. With the manufacturing of helium-filled balloons, the aerial adventure has been part of Airstar DNA from the very beginning, while Z-Marine Espace has been part of the Zodiac Group until 2007 which was itself born from airships manufacturing in 1896. With this acquisition, Airstar Aerospace beneficiates from an undeniable know-how in aerostats, fabrics and films solutions. »
founding president of Airstar
« From Thales to Airbus Defence & Space, through European space agencies including the CNES, major stakeholders of the aerospace sector have put their trust in Airstar Aerospace for many years. »
Airstar Aerospace general manager
Airstar Aerospace deploys its know-how on three production sites:
- HQs and an engineering and manufacturing tool near Grenoble,
- an industrial, research and testing unit near Toulouse, the heart of the aeronautics and space industry in France,
- a base of operations and flight tests in Chambley, North East of France.
These three facilities host R & D, prototyping, production and quality control equipment in order to respond to the most complex demands from aeronautics and space customers: wind tunnel, clean room, characterization equipment, numerical simulation, test benches, aerodrome for flight tests…
The company is ISO 9001 certified and complies with aeronautical and space standards (EASA CS-31TGB, ECSS).
AIRSTAR GROUP IDENTITY CARD
Employees: 190 people including 30 in R & D
Group turnover: € 21 million, including 15 % in R & D and 60 % in exports
Locations: 13 subsidiaries, 22 offices
Member of SAFE Cluster, EDEN, POLE SEA PACA, TECH TERRA Clusters
Airstar stratospheric balloon
Airstar ISR tethered balloon